Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Heart is Beating ..............

I am sitting in my balcony. The nature is in full mood today. It has unlocked the blue sky, spread the sunshine and changed the colors of the leaves. This is the perfect day of Autumn. I close my eyes to feel the penetrating sun rays into my body. The breeze gently blows in off the skin. But my soul goes back to India and checks out what's happening there. My soul inhales the aroma of "Diwali". Oh !! My heart starts beating faster. My mind responds. It begins collecting all the observations and thoughts. I have to jot down all I want to convey to my family, friends, neighbours and my fellow countrymen.
  • Yes I am the one who lives and works thousands of miles far from the family and friends. Yes I miss all of you. 
  • Yes I am the one who has been questioned several times where would I settle down ? Here or in India ? Honestly, I am also trying to figure this out.
  • Yes I am the one who, you think is only having a great time here, ignoring all my struggles and pains. 
  • Yes I am the one who has been misunderstood many times that I am here only to earn a lot of money.
  • Yes I am the one who gets annoyed when my salary and expenditures are discussed in detail. 
  • Yes I am the one who has been misunderstood to have left the family back in India and can't sacrifice the money and pleasure over family. 
  • Yes I am the one who could earlier, being in India, hardly spend time with family but now can Skype with them the whole day from here.  
  • Yes I am the one who was the laziest in the family but now doing everything by myself. I am proud of it :)
  • Yes I am the one who always shares traveling status such as "India Calling :)" and "Flying back ........ :(" etc.
  • Yes I am the one who, even while boarding the Air India plane for India, feels like reaching India.
  • Yes I am the one who wants to share every new experience via social networking sites. I am not showing off. I am here all alone, I just want to share it with my friends and family. Keep it  Simple !!
  • Yes I am the one who has to skip a lot of family functions and festivals. Believe me,  its equally distressing for me too.
  • Yes I am the one who celebrates every festival and tries to follow every customs here to the extent, much better than India. Every Indian seems to me like a big family here.
  • Yes I am the one who used to speak English in India to make a mark but here finds people who could speak my mother tongue. 
  • Yes I am the one who doesn't miss any Bollywood movie, not even Ramgopal Verma's :-O
  • Yes I am the one who can't vote but doesn't sleep or wakes up early to catch up the Election Results.    
  • Yes I am the one who is noticing the differences between the countries and would like to see the good changes there. 
  • Yes I am the one who is self proclaimed Indian Ambassador here who is portraying India's positive image and sharing Indian culture.
My heart beats for my family, friends and my country India. My soul is hanging around there. Don't judge me !! 









6 comments:

  1. सत्य वचन !! एक एक शब्द :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think.. each n every word in this article is from the heart of indians living abroad! just loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also miss you in the same spirit...Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and..........Yes I am the one who really believes that your message is well conveyed here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them." Michael Bassey Johnson

    ReplyDelete